Friday, 12 March 2010

Let us go then you and I...

Let us go then you and I
And sit down under the banyan's sky,
Eating biscuits and sipping chai,
Discussing what philosophies imply-
Of matters both mean and high.

The winds may rest,
The winds may blow,
But we shall waft
On friendship's glow.
And words shall form
And words shall flow
Or rest and slumber
Like the setting snow.
And thoughts are born,
And, nurtured, grow.

And at the end of the day,
We shall be on our way.
But footprints shall, embedded, stay
And images, on our memories, play.
And like leaves on branches, we sway
Under a conversational chasm's fray.

3 comments:

Susan Deborah said...

Lifting Prufrock . . . poetic license, ah?

Where are the posts?

Do write Sayujya.

And congrats on the Queen's.

Joy always,
Susan

indi said...

I like how you play with rhyme schemes. Love, actually.

Sayujya said...

I'm glad to know I have something of a rhyme scheme! I don't use that much though!