Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Companion in the night

Often, I have found myself alone, and wondering what I ought to do. Sometimes, I am actually on an all time low. And as I walk out of my room in the middle of the night, I find myself feeling- ‘somebody? Anybody?’ And from the middle of nowhere there is a soft padding of paws along the cold floors of the hostel. And he is there- ever loyal, ever faithful. The best friend anybody could ever ask for- Kimbo.
I never knew this side of him before. I mean, I knew that he would run behind me and sit next to me when I eat my food, waiting patiently for me to finish. But I did not know that he could figure out when I was crying and needed a shoulder to cry on real bad. Indeed, he offered me a shoulder to cry on, and I felt so grateful because I had no clue who else to turn to. He patiently heard me out, and let me wash away my tears. Sometimes at 1.00, sometimes at 4.00. He is always there to go ahead and make sure the road is clear. And he is always there to listen to all the nonsense I have to offer him. As though he needs to concern himself with human affairs!
Kimbo has become my companion in the dark. He doesn’t talk, or offer consolation, yet he is one of my closest friends. Trust me, he KNOWS. He understands, and he loves so unconditionally, I do not know if I could ever reciprocate such honest, pure faith. Thank you Kimbo, for just being there.

6 comments:

indi said...

Wow. this reminds me of this bengali short story. It was about a cat.
I love it :)

indi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daddy's gal... Bharu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daddy's gal... Bharu said...

Dude!!! Thats so so cute...
give Kimbo a pat and a kiss from me for taking such good care of my frnd....
And ask him if he knows any one here, for me :-P

Lovely post de.... made me think of Good 'ol Times!!!

more said...

一沙一世界,一花一天堂,掌中握無限,剎那即永恆..............................

'lenny' DICKENS said...

huh, 'inter-speci-el'relationships! I doubt whether your Kimbo felt the same. If it has a voice, a story to tell would it match yours?
It was a good first personal narrative. Good you'v observed what is invisibly visible.