Tuesday, 21 October 2008

coffee, kadalai, and the rains (not to mention bajji)

Yesterday.... It has to be recorded as one of the most fun days ever, even though I had to stand in the rain (ok, I did have an umbrella) for a whole hour in Guindy. After an hour of lovely dancing, I went all the way to Guindy in a share auto (that got there too fast, in my opinion) and I was destined to wait in the lovely rain. It shows how accustomed I have become to the blissful rains (even if it does flood places and cause general misery to a lot of people, I have a liking for the patter of the water on the earth).
Well, it was because of this general state of being accustomed to the blissful rains that I was sulking (to myself) that I was there in the first place. And then I spotted the kadalai shop. That was practically what changed my mind- lovely, hot, yummy, road-side kadalai- what more do you want on a nice rainy day?! (Well, except coffee, obviously; or bajji).
And today, that's what I got! Hot coffee and bajji, with the cold winds blowing all about! And no power cut and lovely evening dance. It had to be recorded!
The rains have arrived! YAY

No comments: